"property 'TYPE' must be specified" message

Please do not use to report errors- use your regional help desk.
Please mark posts as being for RPG or RDMLX (LANSA) developer.
To subscribe by email, display this forum, scroll to the end and select ‘Subscribe Forum’.
jabain

"property 'TYPE' must be specified" message

Post by jabain » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I need some direction if possible.

I have a longrange form (online).
Inside that form, I have a popover (currently hidden).
The form and popover has been built in the previous http request.

In the current request, I set #COM_OWNER.IsNewForm := False
and I would like to push some data into fields on the popover, and then set show_popover to true.

When I try to push the data into the popover, I get an error.
"There is a problem with the following property... property 'TYPE' must be specified"

I have ensured that the path to the textbox is correct, and I am using the full path in the
set_textbox statement.

I checked the system tracing to ensure that I had the correct path to the field.

Not sure how to debug and determine what's happening here.

Also: My to objects is getting pretty long....is there a max length for this?

jabain

Re: "property 'TYPE' must be specified" message

Post by jabain » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:30 pm

While rereading, i realized that the last line did not make sense.
Here is what I meant.

Also: The path to my objects (like textboxes and buttons) is getting pretty long....is there a max length for this?

jasonzhou

Post by jasonzhou » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:14 pm

Could you please post a snippet of demo code, this would be good for us to understand this usage scenario. Thanks:)

jabain

Post by jabain » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:03 am

Hi All,

Unfortunately, it's a very large piece of code, and not easy to replicate the issue in a smaller context.

However, i have also been working with LANSA support on this, and they had suggested that I update the TYPE attribute to Form.
E.g. #COM_OWNER.Set Property(' FORM.FIELDS.<...path to popover...>.MYLABEL.POPOVER.TYPE') To('Form')

This did get rid of the error, but it also appears that the popover form is lost and has to be rebuilt. So now I am just rebuilding the popover everytime the server sends data to the client, even if it's just the field values that have changed.

Due to the very agressive timeline of this project, I do not have time to pursue this issue any further. Rebuilding the popover everytime will have to do for now.

Regards,

Andy