Resetting Row Status via Javascript

Please do not use to report errors- use your regional help desk.
Please mark posts as being for RPG or RDMLX (LANSA) developer.
To subscribe by email, display this forum, scroll to the end and select ‘Subscribe Forum’.
MarcusLancaster

Resetting Row Status via Javascript

Post by MarcusLancaster » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:42 am

Hi all.

When the contents of a local DB table are uploaded to the server we can test the row status (M, N, D or U). Does anybody know if there is a way in Javascript (on the client) to clear down (or directly change) the status for these rows? The problem I have is that the client script is creating a number of new records to support a visual table, but I only want rows that the user subsequently modifies to be uploaded.

From what I can tell, because the records are "new" they count as modified, so they get uploaded to the server. I can ignore them on the server, but what I want to do is cut down the amount of data physically passed between client and server (and therefore the time taken to upload).

So... ideally I want to clear down the "new" status of those rows after they have been inserted, then only subsequently modified rows will be uploaded to the server.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Marcus.

tsupartono

Re: Resetting Row Status via Javascript

Post by tsupartono » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 am

Currently there is no way to do this that would be compatible with future releases of LongRange.
I have added this to the enhancement list for the next version.