[RDMLX/RPG] Programmatic Image Picker

Please do not use to report errors- use your regional help desk.
Please mark posts as being for RPG or RDMLX (LANSA) developer.
To subscribe by email, display this forum, scroll to the end and select ‘Subscribe Forum’.
MarcusLancaster

[RDMLX/RPG] Programmatic Image Picker

Post by MarcusLancaster » Mon May 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Hi all.

Before I log this as an official enhancement, just thought I'd check with you guys.

So, I can add an image control to a LR form and can configure it so that when the user taps on it the image picker fires up so they can select a photo from the device gallery, or take a new picture.

But... is there a javascript method available which would allow me to fire up the image picker screen from a script? For example I'd like to add a button to my main form, when they press that I could execute some javascript to fire up the image picker in exactly the same way as if they had tapped the image.

Anybody done this?

Cheers for now.

Marcus.

jasonzhou

Re: [RDMLX/RPG] Programmatic Image Picker

Post by jasonzhou » Tue May 21, 2019 9:33 am

Do you mean there are image element and button element in a form, clicking button can fire up the picker of image element? Thanks.

MarcusLancaster

Re: [RDMLX/RPG] Programmatic Image Picker

Post by MarcusLancaster » Tue May 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi - yep that's what I'd like to do. Click a button, and that launches the image / photo / gallery picker, exactly the same result as if the user had tapped the image. I actually want to disable the tap image to pick a photo feature - so the only thing the user can do is annotate the image "in place".