RDMLX order +/-

Please mark posts as being for RPG or RDMLX (LANSA) developers.
To subscribe by email, display this forum, scroll to the end and select ‘Subscribe Forum’.
kno_dk

RDMLX order +/-

Post by kno_dk » Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 am

Hi.

I am creating an order entering system i LongRange for a customer. When I have found the items and showed them in a list, I would like to have an order number (input field) and a + and a - icon, updating the order number.

I need some inspiration doing that. anybody want to share some code/design?

Thanks

/Klaus

MarkDuignan

Re: RDMLX order +/-

Post by MarkDuignan » Tue May 27, 2014 5:11 pm

When the order number is increased or reduced – is the new order number then displayed or actioned by server in some way that impacts what is displayed on the screen?

kno_dk

Post by kno_dk » Wed May 28, 2014 12:13 am

Hi.
I the perfect World it should use Ajax to Update the ordre Lines on the server. But for a start it is okay that it just updates the order number on the screen and the they have to use a save button.
Could you please send the documentation on programming LongRange with Java Script to kno@futuradata.dk

Pablo

Post by Pablo » Wed May 28, 2014 11:35 am

Hi Klaus,

I have sent you a package consisting of a schema, some sample files and a document.

I would also recommend this post: http://longrange.lansa.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=296

Kind Regards,,
Pablo

MarkDuignan

Post by MarkDuignan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:50 pm

You could use a drop down with the previous 20 and next 20 numbers (say) in it.
This is a common technique for entering and altering integers in relatively narrow possible value bands and it minimizes user input requirements and mistakes.

Or -

If you had "+" and '-' images beside the field you could attach an ExecScript operation to their OnClick events.
ECL scripts can extract and alter the value(s) of form view elements - so it could get the order number, increment it and then update it.

In the ‘LongRange LANSA Offline Advanced Tutorial’ you should be able to find several examples that do manipulation of data on the form by using local scripting.
The work 'offline' is somewhat misleading in this context - you can attach 'local' (on device) ECL scripting to online and offline forms.

If you do this then it might be best wrappered as a VL resusable part - consisting of the entry field, the + and - images and the local scripting.
Then it can be used on many forms